Monday, February 15, 2010

What the heck do you do with a half dozen parsnips?

You make parsnip cake! I followed the recipe from epicurious, using four of my CSA parsnips. Only major problem was the requested 13 inch pan was way too big for the batter. I was too lazy to scrape the batter out of the prepped pan, so I just planned for a mighty flat cake. Made just plain cream cheese frosting and it turned out great! Ugly as heck, but yummy. The little bean loved it and doesn't even know she ate some parsnips.
What else have I made from our CSA box in the last couple days? Baby bok choy and tofu stir fry over red quinoa. Really tasty, the little bean only wanted the tofu. Man, she's missing out :). Tonight was a crazy cabbage casserole, which was surprisingly good. Just a clean-out-the-fridge thing: mighty old tempeh goulash sauce from the freezer, leftover quinoa and the end of a jar salsa layered with shredded cabbage and baked an hour. Really quite grody sounding even now, but my lovely husband even had seconds.

No comments: