Saturday, June 7, 2008

OMG I love homemade "vegan" ice cream

I decided to bite the bullet and try one of the ice cream recipes in Veganomicon (my current obsession). After spending 3 weeks abroad eating dairy gelato, I wasn't sure if the vegan version would satisfy. The husband requested chocolate, and that sounded good to me, but I only had almond extract. Blended together the coconut milk cream, silken tofu, sugar, soymilk and melted choco chips (oh crap, I bet those weren't actually vegan), threw in the almond extract and some toasted almonds and ... I ate it so fast I didn't have time to take a picture.

Here's the pic from this afternoon:


I also made (heart-shaped) biscuits and gravy from VWAV and we snarfed those down for breakfast this morning. My only complaint is that it looked like sh*t on a shingle. But man, it tasted great. Happy Anniversary Honey!!!

No comments: