Monday, June 9, 2008

Vietnamese Seitan Baguette

I made dinner from one of our favorite recipes Saturday night. Veganomicon strikes again! I pan fried the seitan then sliced it up for the sammies. I wish I'd snapped a pic of the dipping sauce, that is what really brings the vietnamese flavor.
Crispy Seitan

The assembled baguettes


We had a wacky mexican lunch with my mom's family yesterday. We blanked out and forgot my uncle and aunt, then the waiter was really grumpy to everyone (even gave me attitude when I didn't order off the menu. The bean burrito was really good with lots of guac smothered all over it.) The chips and salsa were just what we'd been missing, and my auntie had an omelette that looked pretty darn good, full of fresh spinach. The mariachi's had the little bean positively entranced, but she is going through a growth spurt and needed a nap instead of a mexican meal. It was great to see my cousin (currently living in Arkansas), and she announced that she is moving home for good early next year. I'm glad, she is a sweet girl and I look forward to spending more time with her. Happy Monday...

No comments: